Roy's Edamame Seasoning
- 8 oz. kosher salt
- 4 oz. shichimi (Japanese red pepper seasoning)
- 1 oz. granulated sugar
- 1/2 lb. edamame beans, in pods
- 1 tbsp. of Roy's Edamame Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Boil 7 cups of water in a large pan.
- Wash edamame bean pods well.
- Add edamame to boiling water, and let boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the edamame, toss with Roy's edamame seasoning and sesame oil.
- If you don't have the ingredients to make Roy's Edamame Seasoning at home, sprinkle edamame with regular, kosher, or sea salt-whatever you happen to have.
- You can serve edamame warm or cool.